The Nuffield Farming Scholarship Trust is committed to supporting initiatives that enhance sustainability and the environment. As part of that commitment, we have created "The Nuffield Farming Greener Future Award" in order to:
* Provide a strong focus for Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust on the importance of sustainability and reducing CO2 emissions.
* Recognise scholars who make this such a strong part of their future thinking.
* Promote and encourage a ‘Greener Future’
New Award: “A Greener Future”
In acknowledgement of the importance of sustainability and the environment for the future of British Farming, we are now offering a new, biennial award.
Offered every two years, the “A Greener Future Award” will recognise a Scholar who has a significant focus on the environment and sustainability in their work, with the passion and drive to make a real difference for future generations.
To apply for yourself or nominate someone you know, please submit a letter or email explaining how you or the nominee meet the below selection criteria to Mike Vacher at [email protected].
Eligibility and Key Criteria
Entrants should be:
- A Nuffield Farming Scholar from any year group
- Showing passion and innovation regarding the environment and sustainability
- Inspiring the industry by sharing their knowledge and learnings
- Demonstrating a strong link between their Scholarship study topic and award application
- Entries close 30th September 2022
- Shortlisting completed by 18th October 2022
- Interviews held on later than 18th November 2022
- Winner announced in November at the 2022 Nuffield Farming Annual Conference
An engraved perpetual challenge trophy and memento will be awarded to the winner of the 2022 Nuffield Farming Greener Future Award.
The winner of the “A Greener Future Award” will be asked to host a farm visit or make a presentation at a future conference about their work.