NUFFIELD award around 20 individuals each year with the opportunity to research topics of interest in farming, food, horticulture or rural sectors. Scholars are able to travel anywhere in the world, visiting one or more countries in order to further knowledge and understanding, with a view to advancing their respective industries.
Nuffield Scholarships provide an opportunity to:
- Unlock individual potential and broaden horizons through study and overseas travel
- Stand back from the day-to-day routine and study a subject of personal interest
- Have access to the world’s leaders in food and farming
- Deliver benefits to agricultural and related industries through knowledge transfer
Who can apply?
- UK residents aged between 22 and 45 years old (inclusive) at the application date
- Individuals working in farming, rural land-based industries, food industries or agricultural associated industries as an owner, manager or employee
- Anyone engaged for at least two years in a relevant sector and who intends to remain involved in their industry
"Leading positive change in agriculture, inspiring passion and potential in people"
- Building knowledge through global experience
- Sharing brilliant ideas
- Making things happen
- Developing tomorrow's leaders
- Inspiring commitment