Nuffield Scholars - An Introduction
January 2012 saw twenty agricultural industry enthusiasts awarded with Nuffield Scholarships. These Scholars are now embarking on global journeys that promise to shape leaders of the future.
This year’s awards encompass studies that will advance the knowledge, direction or understanding of their chosen subject areas, ranging from agricultural policy and autonomy in agriculture through to land drainage and game farming.
The list of 2012 Scholars comprise of: To read their project descriptions and blog entries please click on the Scholar below or visit Scholar blogs.
- Robert Burtonshaw - Land Drainage and it's role in the future of farming
- Jack Clayton - Modernising the game industry
- Robert Craig - Solutions to combat food chain dysfunctionality
- Gareth Davies - The role of quality grazed grass in lowering the cost of production on UK farms
- Joe Delves - How best to save the dairy industry
- Ed Green - How can beef adapt to change in global food culture
- Charles Harrison - Practical opportunities to eradicate Johnnes disease in cattle
- Robert Hodgkins - Using genomic selection technology to advance the development of a ovine maternal breeding line
- Amy Jackson - Removing the barriers to large scale dairy farming
- Kate Lee - New and emerging technologies
- Tim McClelland - Opportunities in family farm business
- Caroline Millar - Effective collaboration between rural businesses
- John Millington - Communication for staff & managers on secondary dairy units
- Kate Morgan - High welfare systems - Can they meet world food demand?
- Joe Nash - Earned recognition through On Farm compliance
- James Szabo - Autonomy in Agriculture
- Matt Ware - Influencing agricultural policy; a global perspective
- Heather Wildman - To motivate, Inspire and change
- Elin Wyn Jones - Diversification in the dairy industry
- David Wynne Finch - People and collaborative farming
"The Chance of a Lifetime"
Scholarships are chance of a lifetime opportunity that can benefit careers, industry and business, as well as advancing personal development. Click 'How to Apply' if you would like to put yourself forward as a candidate for a Nuffield Scholarship.