RWAS Winter Fair Rees Roberts
At the opening ceremony Montgomery farmer Rees Roberts was presented with the coveted John Gittins Memorial Award. This award is presented to the person who has made an outstanding contribution to the Welsh sheep industry.
Rees Roberts, whose main enterprise on his hill and lowland farm is 1400 ewes. Outside his farm Ress has played a very active role in the promotion of Welsh farming, particularly the sheep sector. He is a past chairman of Welsh Beef and Lamb Promotion organisation and was the MLC Commissioner for Wales represented the Principality on the MLC’s Beef and Lamb Promotion Council, is a past FUW Montgomery county chairman and Chairman of the FUW’s Hill Farming and Marginal Land Committee and has been a member of the Welsh Governments Hill Farming Advisory Sub-Committee. Rees was the original chairman of HCC when it was established in 2003 until 2010, a role which was instrumental in his winning the food industry Personality Award in 2005. Subsequently he received the Royal Smithfield Bicentenary Award in 2011, for his unstinting work within the red meat industry.”
He was awarded a Nuffield Farming Scholarship in 1989 to study livestock production and marketing in Australia and New Zealand and was awarded a Fellowship of The Royal Agricultural Societies in 2004 in recognition of his contribution to Welsh agriculture.
- EPIC Award Winners!
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust announces 2020 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award to Professor Andrew Fearne
- 2019 Nuffield Farming Scholars Announced
- Iwan Vaughan: Report published
- Daniel Roberts: Report published
- Sarah Hughes: Report published
- Geraint Powell: Report published
- Jonathan Baker: Report published
- International Egg Industry Honors Welsh Egg Producer
- Hugh Shedden: Report published