Nuffield Scholars at Pig and Poultry Fair to offer advice
Nuffield scholars are attending this year’s Pig and Poultry Fair to offer advice to anyone thinking about a Nuffield scholarship. Applications are open until the end of July, so it’s an ideal time to be considering research topics which can contribute to the future of the UK pig and poultry industry.
“Exploring your potential topic by talking to others is a crucial part of the application process,” says Daniel Roberts, 2017 Nuffield Scholar, currently completing his study of avian influenza, and attending the event.
“Do the research and speak to as many in the industry and academia as possible. And remain open minded. Be prepared to be surprised. The scholarship provides an incredible opportunity to travel globally, expanding your knowledge and giving access to industry specialists and academics you wouldn’t otherwise meet.”
The Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust seeks applications from forward-thinking, well-informed individuals aged between 22-45, who genuinely want to make a difference to UK agriculture and their businesses.
“Talking to other Nuffield scholars and learning from those who had been through the process was invaluable. They all had positive experiences to share, helping me realise how much I could both gain and contribute,” explains Mr Roberts.
“If you’re attending the fair, come along to the stand and find out more. Studies span the whole industry and the team is eager to hear your ideas and offer their support.”
The Nuffield team and scholars can be found on stand 4, with P D Hook Hatcheries Limited, on the 15th and 16th May at Stoneleigh.
- 2020 Nuffield Farming Scholarship Deadline Approaches
- Nuffield Farming Scholars Included in 2019 Queen’s Birthday Honours List
- Congratulations to Caroline Drummond NSch
- Congratulations to Tony Evans NSch
- Nuffield Scholars to share research findings at Wales Farming Conference.
- 2020 Scholar Applications Now Open!
- EPIC Award Winners!
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust announces 2020 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award to Professor Andrew Fearne
- 2019 Nuffield Farming Scholars Announced
- Iwan Vaughan: Report published