Nuffield Scholars at Pig and Poultry Fair to offer advice
Nuffield scholars are attending this year’s Pig and Poultry Fair to offer advice to anyone thinking about a Nuffield scholarship. Applications are open until the end of July, so it’s an ideal time to be considering research topics which can contribute to the future of the UK pig and poultry industry.
“Exploring your potential topic by talking to others is a crucial part of the application process,” says Daniel Roberts, 2017 Nuffield Scholar, currently completing his study of avian influenza, and attending the event.
“Do the research and speak to as many in the industry and academia as possible. And remain open minded. Be prepared to be surprised. The scholarship provides an incredible opportunity to travel globally, expanding your knowledge and giving access to industry specialists and academics you wouldn’t otherwise meet.”
The Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust seeks applications from forward-thinking, well-informed individuals aged between 22-45, who genuinely want to make a difference to UK agriculture and their businesses.
“Talking to other Nuffield scholars and learning from those who had been through the process was invaluable. They all had positive experiences to share, helping me realise how much I could both gain and contribute,” explains Mr Roberts.
“If you’re attending the fair, come along to the stand and find out more. Studies span the whole industry and the team is eager to hear your ideas and offer their support.”
The Nuffield team and scholars can be found on stand 4, with P D Hook Hatcheries Limited, on the 15th and 16th May at Stoneleigh.
- New Nuffield Farming Report published - Duncan Williams: ‘Dairy Antibiotics: achieving sustainable use’
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update – ‘Bricks to Clicks’ in the wake of Covid-19
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update Scheduled for 14th July 2020
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – James Smaldon: ‘Managing poultry welfare in a transitioning world of technology’
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Sarah Pick: ‘Heifer replacement strategies: Cost reduction in the UK suckler beef herd’
- New Nuffield Farming Report Published - Angus Selby - ‘Can Institutional Investment Capital provide opportunities for Family Farmers and Young Farmers into UK Agriculture?’
- Nuffield Farming is accepting applications for 2021 Scholarships
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Richard Harrison: ‘Where next for soft fruit in the UK?
- NUFFIELD FARMING CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Alex Brewster: ‘Powering pasture and the relevance of red meat in the 21st century’