Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust announces 2020 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award to Professor Andrew Fearne
Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust has today announced that Professor Andrew Fearne from the Norwich Business School, University of East Anglia, has been confirmed as the recipient of the 2020 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award.
The lecture, entitled “Brick-2-Click”: How will the retail revolution impact on UK farmers? will look at what opportunities there are for UK farmers from the rapidly-changing food retailing environment.
“The global agri-food sector is entering a period of significant (some would argue unprecedented) uncertainty, driven by political, economic, social, environmental and technological change,” says Professor Fearne. “How consumers buy their food is changing rapidly. What changes will cascade back to the farmer as a result, and how we can capitalise on them, will lie at the heart of my study.
“The 2020 Nuffield farming lecture presents an exciting opportunity to explore the potential impact of the retail revolution on UK farmers, through a multi-disciplinary lens that extends across the global agri-food sector, from primary production to food consumption, from life science to lifestyles,” he adds.
Mike Vacher, Director of Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust, added:
“The consumer interface with business is undoubtedly changing, and how food retail evolves in the future will certainly impact on farmers. This award will enable Professor Fearne to explore this crucial area in detail over eighteen months of travel and research, and will provide findings that can develop and promote new thinking that can benefit UK agriculture and society at large. The trust is most grateful for the continued generous support provided by Meryl Ward and her family and other sponsors, which have made this award possible.”
- 2020 Nuffield Farming Scholars Announced
- 2020 Nuffield Farming Scholarship Deadline Approaches
- Nuffield Farming Scholars Included in 2019 Queen’s Birthday Honours List
- Congratulations to Caroline Drummond NSch
- Congratulations to Tony Evans NSch
- Nuffield Scholars to share research findings at Wales Farming Conference.
- 2020 Scholar Applications Now Open!
- EPIC Award Winners!
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust announces 2020 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award to Professor Andrew Fearne
- 2019 Nuffield Farming Scholars Announced