NUFFIELD FARMING CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT
When I updated you last week I explained how the Nuffield Farming Trustees are videoconferencing regularly and monitoring developments in the Coronavirus pandemic closely. I also committed to providing you with updates as decisions are made affecting the Nuffield Farming activities.
Yesterday, regrettably, Trustees decided that the 2020 Nuffield Farming Annual Conference, scheduled to be held at the Five Lakes Resort, Essex on 19th – 20th November must be cancelled. This decision was unanimous and was made reluctantly and only after giving careful consideration to a range of factors.
Clearly, there will be those who will be very disappointed to hear this news so soon. However, Trustees will now consult with all directly involved and consider alternative options for this year’s conference in its conventional format. At this stage there are a range of possibilities to consider all of which will impact on our scholarship programmes. Please be assured that the views of the 2019 Presenting Scholars, our Sponsors and, of course, the Alumni at large will be taken carefully into account.
In the meantime, I would commend the efforts of the Nuffield Farming Office Team and all the many Scholars who are supporting them as they adapt to the new environment and provide a topical range of virtual events and communications. They are certainly “keeping the show on the road”!
Stay safe and keep well in these uncertain times, and please do reach out to the Nuffield Farming Office if you have any questions or ideas.
Helen Woolley, Chairman
- 2021 Nuffield Farming Scholars Announced
- New Nuffield Farming Report published - Duncan Williams: ‘Dairy Antibiotics: achieving sustainable use’
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update – ‘Bricks to Clicks’ in the wake of Covid-19
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update Scheduled for 14th July 2020
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – James Smaldon: ‘Managing poultry welfare in a transitioning world of technology’
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Sarah Pick: ‘Heifer replacement strategies: Cost reduction in the UK suckler beef herd’
- New Nuffield Farming Report Published - Angus Selby - ‘Can Institutional Investment Capital provide opportunities for Family Farmers and Young Farmers into UK Agriculture?’
- Nuffield Farming is accepting applications for 2021 Scholarships
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Richard Harrison: ‘Where next for soft fruit in the UK?
- NUFFIELD FARMING CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT