Jamie McIntosh: Report Published
New Nuffield Farming Report published – Jamie McIntosh: ‘Explore new ways eggs can be marketed to maintain a steady increase in egg consumption’
Jamie McIntosh, a 2018 Nuffield Farming Scholar from the Scottish Borders, has published his Nuffield Farming Report titled ‘Explore new ways eggs can be marketed to maintain a steady increase in egg consumption’. It is now available for download on the Nuffield International website at www.nuffieldinternational.org/live/reports or can be downloaded directly at http://bit.ly/2XUcw7F.
Jamie also recently presented his findings at the 2019 Nuffield Farming Conference in Warwickshire, and the video of his presentation can be seen here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJfS_JAmgY.
Report Title: Explore new ways eggs can be marketed to maintain a steady increase in egg consumption
Sponsor: The MacRobert Trust
Countries Visited: Canada, USA, Colombia, Denmark, Poland, Italy, China, Japan
- Highlight why egg consumption should increase and identify the main challenges in doing so
- Explore different strategies for promoting the health benefits from consuming eggs
- To learn from other countries new marketing strategies for increasing egg consumption
- There is considerable potential for egg consumption to increase
- Science-based health messages on eggs are positive and clear – now is the time to capitalise on all health benefits
- However, several threats to consumption growth need consideration
- There are many options left as to how the egg can be presented to the consumer
Notes to the Editor:
The Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust (NFST) is a registered charity (Reg. Charity No. 1098519) that awards approximately 20 scholarships annually in the UK to young people between the ages of 22 and 45 from across the agricultural industry.
There is no need for formal qualifications in order to apply for a Nuffield Scholarship; instead, the Trust looks to unlock an individual’s potential and broaden horizons through study and travel overseas. Scholars are selected with a view to developing tomorrow’s leaders within their individual business and the industry as a whole.
Nuffield Farming member countries span the globe, with established programmes in Australia, France, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Kenya, and Zimbabwe; Associate countries also include Brazil, USA, South Africa, and Southern Caucasus (Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan).
Nuffield Scholarships are only made possible by the generous support of sponsors from across agriculture and the food industry. NFST work with over 100 sponsors to develop individuals who will become tomorrow’s leaders and inspire change in our industry.
- Applicants must work within the farming, food, horticulture, rural and associated industries or are in a position to influence these industries.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 45 years (the upper age limit is 45 on 31st July in the year of application).
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications, but applicants will already be well established in their career and demonstrate a passion for the industry they work in and be three years post-tertiary education.
- Candidates must be resident in the UK and hold a UK passport or be working directly for UK agriculture.
- Scholarships are not awarded to anyone in full-time education or to further research projects.
For more information, please contact:
- Kendra Hall, Reverberate PR: 07495 572639 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Richard Harrison: ‘Where next for soft fruit in the UK?
- NUFFIELD FARMING CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Alex Brewster: ‘Powering pasture and the relevance of red meat in the 21st century’
- Nuffield Farming Online - Latest Update and Links
- Ed Barnston: Report Published
- Farming Community Network collaborating with Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust to promote resilience in farming
- A message from NFST Director Mike Vacher... Take care of yourselves and each other!
- Alexa Parker: Report Published
- Mark Dewes: Report Published
- 2021 Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust Applications Now Open