Inspirational Scholars offer advice at Cereals
The Cereals event on 13 and 14 June is the perfect opportunity for prospective Nuffield Farming Scholars to gain application advice ahead of the 31 July deadline.
2018 Scholar, Mark Dewes, encourages anyone interested in applying for a Nuffield Farming scholarship to visit the Nuffield team on stand 323, shared with SAI Global, for a first-hand insight into the life-changing scholarship experience.
“When I first considered applying, I’d heard about Nuffield from a friend, but it was meeting a Scholar on the stand at Cereals last year that gave me a real boost to take the leap and get my application in,” says Mark.
“I’m travelling the globe to research the future of UK agronomy, particularly the relationship between agronomists and farmers, and whether decisions should be made differently.
However, research titles are completely down to the candidate, so Mark suggests visiting the Nuffield website for inspiration. Recent arable Scholarships have included titles such as:
- Herbicide resistant weeds: investigating a sustainable future for arable farming
- Success with no till – under any conditions
- Blackgrass: System BEN offers alternative solutions to resistance management
“While I’m only a few months into my research, I’ve loved every minute of it. The Contemporary Scholars Conference element of the Scholarship exceeded my expectations and prepared me for further solo travel,” he says.
“I’ll be presenting my findings at the Nuffield Conference in November 2019, but I hope my research can help the world of agronomy continue to improve, helping to secure the future of the industry.”
The Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust is passionate about recruiting enthusiastic and knowledgeable applicants aged between 22 and 45, who have a desire to contribute to their chosen industry and make a change to UK agriculture. The application deadline date for the 2018 Nuffield Farming Scholarships is 31 July 2018.
To find out more head to stand 323 at Cereals
- New Nuffield Farming Report published - Duncan Williams: ‘Dairy Antibiotics: achieving sustainable use’
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update – ‘Bricks to Clicks’ in the wake of Covid-19
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update Scheduled for 14th July 2020
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – James Smaldon: ‘Managing poultry welfare in a transitioning world of technology’
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Sarah Pick: ‘Heifer replacement strategies: Cost reduction in the UK suckler beef herd’
- New Nuffield Farming Report Published - Angus Selby - ‘Can Institutional Investment Capital provide opportunities for Family Farmers and Young Farmers into UK Agriculture?’
- Nuffield Farming is accepting applications for 2021 Scholarships
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Richard Harrison: ‘Where next for soft fruit in the UK?
- NUFFIELD FARMING CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Alex Brewster: ‘Powering pasture and the relevance of red meat in the 21st century’