Congratulations to Caroline Drummond NSch
I am sure you will wish to join me in congratulating Caroline Drummond NSch, LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) Chief Executive in being awarded Women Economic Forum’s ‘Women of the Decade’ award for sustainable farming, celebrating her achievements and contribution to sustainability and corporate leadership. Caroline accepted the award on the 12th April at the Annual Women Economic Forum (WEF), in New Dehli, India.
Caroline Drummond added: “It is a great honour to receive this award. I am very humbled to be selected and grateful for the support of my colleagues over the years, with whom I would like to share this recognition. It signals LEAF’s growing recognition on the global stage in driving more sustainable farming."
Caroline has led LEAF since it was first set up in 1991. Her work focuses on encouraging more sustainable farming practices and building better public understanding of farming and the environment. She is actively involved in many industry partnerships and initiatives. In 2009 Caroline was awarded the Member of the British Empire (MBE) by the Queen, and has an Honorary Doctorate from Harper Adams University, as well as a Nuffield Scholarship studying ‘What can Farmers Learn from Science to Improve the Nutrition of our Food’. She was also awarded Honorary Fellowship for the Society of the Environment, and in 2017, received the IAgrE Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Landbased Sector and the Farmers Guardian Outstanding Contribution to Agriculture. In 2018 she was awarded the RASE National Agriculture Award and an Honorary Fellowship from the Royal Agricultural University.
More information on the Women Economic Forum together with the full program with details of Plenaries and Parallel Sessions is available here: https://www.wef.org.in/
- 2020 Nuffield Farming Scholarship Deadline Approaches
- Nuffield Farming Scholars Included in 2019 Queen’s Birthday Honours List
- Congratulations to Caroline Drummond NSch
- Congratulations to Tony Evans NSch
- Nuffield Scholars to share research findings at Wales Farming Conference.
- 2020 Scholar Applications Now Open!
- EPIC Award Winners!
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust announces 2020 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award to Professor Andrew Fearne
- 2019 Nuffield Farming Scholars Announced
- Iwan Vaughan: Report published