ANNOUNCING THE 2018 NUFFIELD FARMING LECTURE AWARD - PROFESSOR MICHAEL WINTER O.B.E.
You will be pleased to know that the 2018 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award has been made to Professor Michael Winter of Exeter University. Michael is Professor of Land Economy & Society in the Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute at the University. He is also a board member of Natural England and of Rothamsted Research and co-directs Defra's Sustainable Intensification Research Platform.
The award is a development of the ‘Frank Arden Scholarship’ and Professor Winter will be provided with a grant of £15,000 to complete 18 months of study and travel to answer the question: ‘How does the UK farmer deliver to the UK food culture(s) of 2030?’.
Professor Winter is a well-regarded and experienced academic in the agricultural sector. The first part of his study will be a desk based literature review followed by a study tour made up of three to four shorter visits, to enable him to continue with his current work and other commitments. He plans to visit countries where incomes are high and agricultural concerns are well articulated in the media and climates are similar to the UK.
Professor Winter will present his findings at the 2018 Nuffield Farming Lecture in London. The lecture will be followed by a debate, which all attendees are invited to take part in. This will promote thinking and discussion about the lecture topic and hopefully seed new initiatives.
- 2020 Nuffield Farming Scholarship Deadline Approaches
- Nuffield Farming Scholars Included in 2019 Queen’s Birthday Honours List
- Congratulations to Caroline Drummond NSch
- Congratulations to Tony Evans NSch
- Nuffield Scholars to share research findings at Wales Farming Conference.
- 2020 Scholar Applications Now Open!
- EPIC Award Winners!
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust announces 2020 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award to Professor Andrew Fearne
- 2019 Nuffield Farming Scholars Announced
- Iwan Vaughan: Report published