ANNOUNCING THE 2018 NUFFIELD FARMING LECTURE AWARD - PROFESSOR MICHAEL WINTER O.B.E.
You will be pleased to know that the 2018 Nuffield Farming Lecture Award has been made to Professor Michael Winter of Exeter University. Michael is Professor of Land Economy & Society in the Land, Environment, Economics and Policy Institute at the University. He is also a board member of Natural England and of Rothamsted Research and co-directs Defra's Sustainable Intensification Research Platform.
The award is a development of the ‘Frank Arden Scholarship’ and Professor Winter will be provided with a grant of £15,000 to complete 18 months of study and travel to answer the question: ‘How does the UK farmer deliver to the UK food culture(s) of 2030?’.
Professor Winter is a well-regarded and experienced academic in the agricultural sector. The first part of his study will be a desk based literature review followed by a study tour made up of three to four shorter visits, to enable him to continue with his current work and other commitments. He plans to visit countries where incomes are high and agricultural concerns are well articulated in the media and climates are similar to the UK.
Professor Winter will present his findings at the 2018 Nuffield Farming Lecture in London. The lecture will be followed by a debate, which all attendees are invited to take part in. This will promote thinking and discussion about the lecture topic and hopefully seed new initiatives.
- New Nuffield Farming Report published - Duncan Williams: ‘Dairy Antibiotics: achieving sustainable use’
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update – ‘Bricks to Clicks’ in the wake of Covid-19
- Nuffield Farming Lecture Online Update Scheduled for 14th July 2020
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – James Smaldon: ‘Managing poultry welfare in a transitioning world of technology’
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Sarah Pick: ‘Heifer replacement strategies: Cost reduction in the UK suckler beef herd’
- New Nuffield Farming Report Published - Angus Selby - ‘Can Institutional Investment Capital provide opportunities for Family Farmers and Young Farmers into UK Agriculture?’
- Nuffield Farming is accepting applications for 2021 Scholarships
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Richard Harrison: ‘Where next for soft fruit in the UK?
- NUFFIELD FARMING CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Alex Brewster: ‘Powering pasture and the relevance of red meat in the 21st century’