Angela Kirkwood: Report Published
New Nuffield Farming Report published – Angela Kirkwood: ‘Growing the British pig industry’
Angela Kirkwood, NSch 2018, has published her Nuffield Farming Report titled ‘Growing the British pig industry’. It is now available for download on the Nuffield International website atwww.nuffieldinternational.org/live/reports or can be downloaded directly at http://bit.ly/2otCWjB.
Report Title: Growing the British pig industry
Sponsor: AHDB Pork
Countries Visited: China, Philippines, Singapore, Japan, USA, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Ireland
To highlight some of the best practices of pork production worldwide and to offer recommendations to encourage sustainable growth of the British pig industry.
- The challenge is to produce pork at a competitive price relative to other meats and pork producing countries; giving consideration to economic and environmental sustainability, climate change resilience and good animal husbandry.
- Straightforward strategic aims and aspirations coupled with stakeholder collaboration to educate and mentor the next generation will create a progressive and sustainable future.
- Business prosperity, tax incentives and/or grant aid may be required to stimulate investment in infrastructure and environmental improvement.
- Given the above tools, the pork industry will strive to become one of the major flagship industries for ‘Brand Britain’.
Notes to the Editor:
The Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust (NFST) is a registered charity (Reg. Charity No. 1098519) that awards approximately 20 scholarships annually in the UK to young people between the ages of 22 and 45 from across the agricultural industry.
There is no need for formal qualifications in order to apply for a Nuffield Scholarship; instead, the Trust looks to unlock an individual’s potential and broaden horizons through study and travel overseas. Scholars are selected with a view to developing tomorrow’s leaders within their individual business and the industry as a whole.
Nuffield Farming member countries span the globe, with established programmes in Australia, France, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Kenya, and Zimbabwe; Associate countries also include Brazil, USA, South Africa, and Southern Caucasus (Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan).
The 2019 Nuffield Farming Conference is to be held 27-29 November 2019 at Chesford Grange in Kenilworth, Warwickshire.
Nuffield Scholarships are only made possible by the generous support of sponsors from across agriculture and the food industry. NFST work with over 100 sponsors to develop individuals who will become tomorrow’s leaders and inspire change in our industry.
- Applicants must work within the farming, food, horticulture, rural and associated industries or are in a position to influence these industries.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 45 years (the upper age limit is 45 on 31st July in the year of application).
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications, but applicants will already be well established in their career and demonstrate a passion for the industry they work in and be three years post-tertiary education.
- Candidates must be resident in the UK and hold a UK passport or be working directly for UK agriculture.
- Scholarships are not awarded to anyone in full-time education or to further research projects.
For more information, please contact:
- Kendra Hall, Reverberate PR: 07495 572639 or email@example.com
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Richard Harrison: ‘Where next for soft fruit in the UK?
- NUFFIELD FARMING CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENT
- New Nuffield Farming Report published – Alex Brewster: ‘Powering pasture and the relevance of red meat in the 21st century’
- Nuffield Farming Online - Latest Update and Links
- Ed Barnston: Report Published
- Farming Community Network collaborating with Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust to promote resilience in farming
- A message from NFST Director Mike Vacher... Take care of yourselves and each other!
- Alexa Parker: Report Published
- Mark Dewes: Report Published
- 2021 Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust Applications Now Open