- Milk marketing champion confirmed as speaker at Trehane
- Appreciation to The Frank Parkinson Agricultural Trust & Congratulations to Holly Beckett 2015 NSch
- New Nuffield Soils Group Meeting - 7th July 2016
- The 2016 Steven & Gill Bullock Award for Innovation
- Trehane Trust Dinner
- Announcing a New Nuffield Opportunity: The 2018 Nuffield Farming Lecture
- 2017 Nuffield International Triennial Conference.
- Group Photo of the 2016 Nuffield Farming Scholars on their Pre-CSC.
- Let your passion lead you to the future
- Are UK farmers in favour of staying in - or moving out -of the EU?
Milk marketing champion confirmed as speaker at Trehane
Sandy Wilkie, business relationship and development director at Müller Milk & Ingredients, has been confirmed as guest speaker at this year’s Trehane Trust dinner, to be held on Tuesday 5 July – the eve of the Livestock Event – at the NEC, Birmingham.
Mr Wilkie has enjoyed a long and successful career in the dairy industry, including roles as current chairman of the Dairy Council and immediate past chairman of the European Dairy Association’s Liquid Milk Group. But it’s in his capacity as chairman of the Milk Marketing Forum that this charismatic industry figure has gained most profile, driving successful generic milk advertising campaigns such as The White Stuff and Milk Moustache, which have featured a swath of high profile celebrities.
This will be the second year The Trehane Trust, whose main aim is to encourage research and education into dairying, for example through sponsorship of Nuffield Scholars, has hosted its annual dinner the night before the start of the Livestock Event at the NEC. While the event started as an opportunity for Nuffield Scholars sponsored by The Trehane Trust to meet each year, the event has now been opened to the whole dairy industry.
Trehane Trust chairman Professor Wynne Jones says: “We are delighted Sandy has agreed to speak at the dinner, and at a time when dairy farming is facing considerable challenges. Thanks to his experience and deep knowledge of the sector, we are assured of insightful commentary as well as, I’m sure, some tough messages!
“We hope the timing and location of the dinner encourages those from the wider industry to come along to hear Sandy speak, enjoy a superb dinner, and take the chance to invest in some useful networking while attending the Livestock Event.
The dinner will be held in The Gallery Restaurant at the NEC, with drinks at 6pm for a 6.30pm start. All are welcome, with tickets available at a cost of £69.98 per person inclusive of VAT; these can be purchased on a first-come, first-served basis by contacting Trehane Trust secretary Paula Golby on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 458 2711.
For further details contact Amy Jackson on email@example.com; 07917 773756