- Scholars reminded of imminent Nuffield deadline
- 2015 Horticulture Group Tour (16th – 18th September 2015)
- 2015 British Farming Awards
- Executive Summary of the Minutes of the Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trustee Away Day & Board Meeting.
- Nuffield urges prospective Scholars to get their applications in early
- New Nuffield Farming On-line Booking System
- Royal Welsh Agricultural Society and Nuffield Wales Conference
- Cereals drinks reception
- Nuffield farming trustees at the royal garden party
- 2015 Steven and Gill Bullock Award for Nuffield Innovation
Scholars reminded of imminent Nuffield deadline
Prospective scholars wanting to apply for a 2016 Nuffield Scholarship, have just two weeks to put their application forward. This opportunity of a life-time was promoted to all visitors at last week’s Livestock Event at the NEC, Birmingham, with the Nuffield Farming Trust highlighting the scheme from Micron’s stand.
To date the trust has provided over 800 individuals with the opportunity to pursue research within agriculture and its associated industries. Scholar’s resulting research has provided essential findings, and thought leadership across these sectors.
“Livestock Event related studies are always a popular choice,” says Mike Vacher, Nuffield Director speaking at the event. In the past few years, Nuffield have had some incredibly successful studies ranging from;
- Reducing dairy farm cost to prosper in a global market
- Improving the success and sustainability of grass based livestock systems
- Electronic Identification (EID) in the cattle industry.
“We also have a host of sponsors who are available to fund the 18-month study periods,” he says “The Livestock Event is a fundamental calendar date for us, and with the application deadline approaching rapidly, it was the perfect opportunity for applicants to ask any last minute queries and meet current Scholars.”
The 2015 application deadline is July 31 2015. Applicants must have had three years, or more, involvement in the farming industry and be under the age of 45. The application needs to be submitted online via the Nuffield Scholarship Trust website: http://nuffieldscholar.org/how-to-apply/, before the deadline date.